Job Title: Irrigation Labor Irrigation Workers
Location: Paul, ID 83347
Start Pay: D.O.E.
Job ID: BUR149
Irrigation technicians spend the majority of their working hours outside in the open air in all temperatures and conditions. The position requires bending and stooping, especially when maintaining in-ground irrigation systems, so candidates should be in good physical shape.
- Operates gates, checks, turnouts, and waste-ways to regulate water-flow into canals and laterals.
- Removes plugs from portholes to release water and re-plugs when area is filled with water.
- Starts motor that pumps water through system, and opens valves to direct water.
- Observes rate of flow, and adjusts valves to ensure uniform distribution of water.
- Disassembles portable system, and moves to next location after specified time intervals.
- Lays out pipe along designated settings, and attaches sprinkler heads at specified points.
- Connects pipe to gate or pipe system, using hand tools.
- Measures or estimates quantity of water required and delivered and duration of delivery.
- Shovels and packs dirt in low spots of embankment, or cuts trenches in high areas to direct water flow.
- Patrols area to detect leaks, breaks, weak areas, or obstructions and damage to irrigation system.
- Writes reports and keeps records of deliveries, users, quantity of water used, condition of system and equipment, or repairs needed.
- Lubricates, adjusts, and repairs or replaces parts to maintain system, using hand tools.
Immediate interviews available now – Please Contact Us for more information.