Please submit resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com
The Rating Technician reports directly to the Rating Team Leader and Senior Vice President of Underwriting. The Underwriter Rating Technician position is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to begin their career at a successful, established insurance company. Rating Technicians learn to perform a critical role in the processing and development of insurance policies through on-the-job training and self-study. Rating Technicians are responsible for accurately inputting data to develop premium, documents and policy records for multiple lines of commercial insurance. They work as a team with underwriting staff to provide a high quality end product and leading customer service to our clients.
- Develop accurate premium charges for commercial insurance policies using manual and automated methods of data entry
- Store and organize policy documents and correspondence in an electric file format
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of policy quotes, revisions, and endorsements
- Assist in training other Rating Technicians and reviewing work for accuracy
- Provide multi-office underwriting support
- High school graduate
- One year prior office experience
- Type 40wpm accurately
- Proficient in Windows operating system and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- High attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and initiative to gather information, analyze facts, and propose solutions
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education
- Actively participates in team discussions and problem solving
Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
After 480 hours employee will roll over to the Insurance Company. Which provides a strong benefits program which includes; 401(k) program, and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, as well as paid leave and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit www.personnelinc.com.