The custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of City buildings and the surrounding grounds. Duties include vacuuming floors, sanitizing restroom facilities, and collecting trash to ensure the building’s occupants have a safe, clean space.
- Cleaning wood, linoleum, tile, and other floors
- Shampooing rugs and carpets
- Emptying trash cans
- Changing air filters and cleaning vents
- Dusting all surfaces
- Waxing floors
- Ordering new cleaning supplies as needed
- Washing windows
- Maintaining a thorough inventory
- Using equipment such as commercial vacuums, floor buffers, and carpet cleaners
- Collecting and taking out trash and recycling
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of different cleaning products and tools
- Time-management and multitasking abilities
- Organization skills
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Monday- Friday, from 9 am-6 pm.
$14.96 p/h to start
Excellent temp to hire opportunity for a local municipality in Eagle, ID.