- Local Dairy Company is seeking a laboratory technician to ensure that all products’ analytical, micro and organoleptic properties are in compliance with product and regulatory specifications.
- Responsible for testing, sampling, documentation, and out-of-specification call backs as well as other duties or projects as may be assigned including in some cases releases
- Contacts supervisor immediately when product does not meet specifications. Recommending process adjustments to meet specifications
- Execute testing of finished product line samples for micro and analytical. In some occasions might obtain the samples
- Execute testing of raw and pasteurized samples for micro and analytical. In some occasions might obtain samples
- Performs environmental conveyor swabbing as required by program standards
- Responsible for accurately record and retain data from analysis
- Calibrates equipment and ensures that testing equipment and methods produce results in agreement with an established standard
- Performs extra tests when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- If applicable, ability to attain Appendix N Industry Analyst level certification
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS office software
- Ability to work independently
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to perform analytical and micro tests such that results are in agreement with a standard and/or duplicate testing by a recognized laboratory
- Basic understanding of microbiology and familiarity with plating methods
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline preferred or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in science discipline.
- 2+ years laboratory technician experience.
- Day shift, with one night shift of 10pm-8am
About the Company:
- Marketing and Processing arm of the Northwest Dairy Association, A Northwest U.S. farmer-owned dairy cooperative.