Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join
metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal
- Operate safety equipment, and use safe work habits.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by
touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind and/or bolt component
parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials,
and notify supervisors.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal
segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored
arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid
overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of
- Examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with
straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the
welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
Requires standing, repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), competition or awareness of competitive pressures.
Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable, Includes exposure to
contaminants , Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.
Opportunity to make decisions without supervision, Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company, requires exposure to hazardous equipment, exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings.
Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals, Requires being exact or highly accurate, repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over, meeting strict deadlines and work with others in a group or team.
Also, Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others requires wearing common protective or safety equipment, requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental
To apply for this job please visit vms.personnelinc.com.