Personnel plus of Twin Falls is looking for an individual to fulfill a position as a grinding technician
The Grinding Technician will work with a team to fabricate tooling meeting quality standards, using precision equipment and accurate interpretation of advanced engineering drawings or blue prints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for daily sharpening and flat grinding of CI components
- Requires attention to detail and must follow procedures for the task at hand
- Must keep excellent records
- Learn ID and OD grinding to precise dimensions to meet tooling requirements
- Able to read and understand basic die prints and piece part prints
- Able to understand and use all required measuring equipment to produce a quality component
- Able to do setup work on tool-room equipment without supervision
- Able to operate the Jig Grinder
- Able to do square blocks to location for both CI and progressive die
- Able to understand how angles and radiuses affect free height and able to grind appropriate for tool requirements (e.g. crescents, Bellville, shapes and forms)
- Excellent center, flat, and form grinding skills
- Must continually train both lower level positions
- Work with team members to achieve proper workflow to meet production demands
- Form grinding for compound insert tooling
- Work in a safe and professional manner, keep a clean work area, and wear proper protective equipment
- Cooperation with supervisor and co-workers, willing to work as a team
- Show by example: temperament, professionalism, and teamwork
- Timely arrival and regular attendance at work
- Willing to work overtime
- Willing to work any shift
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified Machinist on Mill, Drill, Lathe, Grinding Equipment, Etc.
College Graduate of Machine Tool Program with Experience
The ability to read, write and speak the English language with comprehension skills sufficient to understand safety standards and job performance expectations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; a working knowledge of advanced mathematics, including but not limited to trigonometry.
Ability to interpret instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or grab; reach and pull with hands and arms. Some sitting may be required. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and moving mechanical parts, there may be air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Monday through Friday 8am- 5pm