Positions Available: Swing Shift Horizontal & Lathe Machinist (Program, Set-up & Operate)
- Shop Hours are 7am-11pm Monday–Friday,
- Saturdays – varies,
- Swing Shift: 2:30pm – 11pm (approx.)
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 DOE
Job Summary & Overview:
- Responsible for set-up & operate CNC machine to produce precision parts.
- Program with Gibbs Cam.
- Produces small batches or large quantities of parts.
- Ensure products meet precise specifications.
- Exercise focused attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Use of Mics, Calipers and various handheld tools for parts inspection to verify conformance to specifications.
- Operate machines and other equipment such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce parts.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lift work piece manually or using hoist; secure work piece in fixture or load automatic feeding device.
- Start machine, engage feed, and observe operation.
- May move machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- May file, sand, or shape machined parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- May clean machined parts using de-greasing tank or solvent and rags.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self in a safe manner.
Qualifications, Experience & Education:
- Possess knowledge of basic math and computer skills.
- 3-5 years machine shop experience – minimum.
- CNC/Programming, set-up & operate experience required.
- High school or equivalent (Required).
- Technical degree (AA) or vocational school equivalent preferred.
- Calipers: 1 year (Preferred).
- Micrometer: 1 year (Preferred).
Benefits: Upon successful completion of (60) sixty days of employment, each full time employee is eligible for benefits with Quality Machine Products, Inc.
- Health insurance,
- Life ($25,000) and AD&D ($25,000) insurance policies coverage,
- Dental insurance,
- Vision insurance.
Health, dental and life insurance for dependent coverage are also available for purchase.
Retirement: Upon successful completion of six months of continuous employment, each new full time employee is eligible to participate in our simple IRA retirement plan with American Funds.
Why work for Personnel Plus, Inc.
- As the area's largest Staffing Service, we value adding you as a member of our great team
- Your application will be considered for many urgent openings
- Apply Today - work today
- Flex pay - choose Direct Deposit, pay card, or paper check
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Referral Hiring Incentives
- We never charge a fee
Trust our employment professional to be your advocate and help find that ideal position for you!
To apply for this job please visit vms.personnelinc.com.