Highway District – Immediate Openings! Roadway Maintenance and Repair
Join our roadway maintenance and repair crews for the 2021 season! Let’s get to work!
- A Valid Drivers License
- Be self-motivated, with a strong work ethic
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow directions on county processes and procedures
- Follow and adhere to all safety policies and regulations
- Operate all county vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Work 10-hour shifts, outdoors in all weather conditions
Maintenance Crew- Chip Seal Crew: Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am-5:30 pm
- Work harmoniously with the same crew each day
- Care for and maintain District 1-ton trucks and related Chip Seal equipment
- Rake and shovel chips and oil to ensure coverage of edges, corners, and sewer access holes where equipment cannot reach
- May operate roller to assist with chip seal efforts
- May knock on doors to get cars moved to advance chip seal efforts
- Troubleshoot and repair simple equipment issues when able
- Walk up to 10 miles per day while in moving traffic and Right-of-Way
- Safely work around moving construction equipment such as dump trucks and chip spreader
Work four 10-hour shifts, Monday- Thursday! Enjoy 3-day weekends this summer. Join our team and help keep Ada County’s roadways safe d for our residents.
This position is seasonal, working 4-8 months. Flexible for students and summer employment.
Apply today! 208-378-8700