The Maintenance Engineer is responsible to ensure that the engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including general property maintenance, are working properly and up to the hotel operating standards.
The Maintenance Engineer is also responsible to keep all equipment in good repair providing day-to-day maintenance support to the hotel. Additionally, work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments, and co-workers.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise either by the guest or other departments
- Respond courteously and promptly to guests requests and resolves matters to the guest’s satisfaction (for example repairing A/C unit, Refrigerator, Toilet plumbing)
- Ability to prioritize the maintenance issues e.g.: to attend the breakdown of plant and machinery on priority
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and related inventory duties
- Monitor Fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems
- Able to maintain a daily logbook of work done during the shift and update/maintain maintenance requests in property management system
- Train and instruct other staff members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time as customary in a hotel environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs. with or without assistance
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established time frames
- Able to operate a computer to make order updates to Property Management System
- Basic knowledge of proper chemical usage and safe management/usage
- Experience in general trades such as light plumbing, minor electrical, painting & drywall, general repairs required
- 2-5 years experience in a hotel, multi-unit residential or commercial building environment.
Flexible schedule: Friday-Tuesday ;8AM – 4 PM ; 40 hours/week
Comprehensive benefits upon rollover, PTO, 401K and 401 matching, FSA, STLD, LTD and life insurance.
Please call 208-378-8700 to get scheduled for an immediate interview!