Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding a business or building. Plants flowers, mows, pulls weeds, repairs structures, and maintains outside of a building.
• Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties.
• Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower.
• Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
• Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
• Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitoes, wasps, ticks, and others.
• Apply fertilizer to the ground to enhance growth.
• Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice down to keep people from falling.
• Perform routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster, fixing fountains, and other duties.
• Sweep walkway of debris.
• Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
• Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
• Install lawn furniture.
• Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
• Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
• Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.