Maintenance Worker – Water/Wastewater/Streets-City of Mountain Home
Submit resume/work history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate interview. 208-378-8700
Full-time, temp to hire position: Non-CDL start at $12.62 p/h. With valid Class A CDL start at $13.25 p/h.
General Statement of Duties
Performs a variety of manual and semi-skilled maintenance and service work on City streets, rights-of-ways, water and wastewater facilities, public buildings, and other areas; performs related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Construction equipment, materials and methods or water distribution or wastewater facility construction, maintenance and repair;
- Traffic hazards and traffic safety principles, practices and procedures;
- Proper lifting techniques and personal protective equipment used in the operation of hand and power tools;
- Operation of hand and power tools.
- Comprehend and follow safety rules and regulations;
- Operate hand and power tools used in public works facility maintenance and repair;
- Communicate well with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language;
- Understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions; Operate hand and power tools;
- Operate light and heavy equipment, such as dump trucks, backhoes, front-end loaders, graders, snow plows, etc.;
- Understand and follow effective safety practices and procedures.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED is required: and
- Experience performing manual and skilled tasks preferred; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Idaho;
- Obtain a Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement issued by the State of Idaho within 6 months of employment;
- Obtain Flagger Certification within one (1) year of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.personnelinc.com.