- Medical Coder
- Requires Certification
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field, preferred
- Must have one of the following credentials: CPC (Certified Professional Coder), CCA (Certified Coding Associate), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist), CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician based), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), if not currently certified must pass the national exam within 18 months of employment
- Minimum one year of Hospital or Physician coding/charging/billing experience preferred.
- Experience in utilizing both encoding software and paper coding books is preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Clerical experience is REQUIRED
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid requirements, HCPCS guidelines, and CMS documentation standards
- Understands payer coding and billing requirements, including National Correct Coding Initiatives (NCCI).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proficient with computers, ability to analyze reports, create spreadsheets
- Have the ability to sit for prolonged periods while conducting data entry work
- Resume is REQUIRED
- 45 WPM typing test
- Clean background
- Transportation to and from work
- Day shift
- Location: Emmett
- Physical Requirement: Sitting and working at a computer keyboard, standing while filing, walking, lifting, reaching, hand eye coordination, speaking Working Conditions: Primarily works in an office setting, potential exposure to patient elements in general.
- Pay: $17 – DOE
- Full Time
About the Company:
This company is looking for a reliable worker to come in and join their team ASAP!! Please call our office today if you have clerical experience in the areas above. (208)453-7900