This position will fill a key support role in the State’s COVID-19 response by providing support for the analysis of COVID-19 clinical samples. The incumbent will perform laboratory accessioning, sample data entry, sample processing, routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment, media and reagent preparation, biohazardous waste disposal, and inventory of laboratory supplies.
Good knowledge of:
- principles, laboratory practices, and application of microbiology;
- biosafety practices and their application in microbiology laboratories:
- current laboratory methods, materials, and equipment.
- performing basic microbiological analyses on medical, animal, or environmental samples;
- operating, calibrating, and maintaining laboratory instruments and equipment;
- adhering to Good Laboratory Practices and institutional safety practices and policies;
- using standard Microsoft Office software, e.g. Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Candidates will need a bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution to be eligible for this position.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
Please call 208-378-8700 to apply ASAP!