Over the road relief driver
Personnel Plus of Twin Falls is looking for 2-4 Over the road CDL-A drivers. You will start as a local driver for the first couple weeks then transition to over the road.
Be responsible for the loading, unloading, and delivery of product throughout the lower 48 states. You will be assigned specific routes that you will be responsible to know and be able to execute. This is a team operation and there is no steady solo operation.
- Responsible for the care of the assigned vehicle to include pre/post trip inspections identifying any and all mechanical problems.
- Identify any potential hazards or safety concerns and report them to the Maintenance Coordinator or Director of Distribution.
- Adhere to all DOT regulations with regards to on duty, driving, sleeper, and off duty time and all aspects of operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- Provide the highest level of service to all customers through on time deliveries and through professional communication no matter the circumstances.
- Contact customer/secondary carrier when late to coordinate for time of arrival.
- Identify issues with the way the truck is loaded or planned to the Distribution Coordinators.
- Report any overage or shortage immediately.
- Report any service-related incidents immediately.
- Pick up assigned backhaul on time and coordinate with the necessary agencies for delivery.
- Make suggestions to route and customer drops to improve the effectiveness of the truck routing.
- Learn the route so that you can suggest alternate routes if weather or breakdown delays.
- Volunteer for extra runs when available, and when they meet your current schedule requirements.
- At times, work independently with minimal supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Record keeping ability and ability to read and write in English
- Work well as a team member.
- Possess good communication skills
The worker is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The worker is subject to noise. The worker can be subject to cold and wet conditions.
This job involves physical activity and the ability to lift up to 65 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly. Pull up to 2500 lbs. on a pallet jack. Ability to pass Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) physical exam is mandatory.
The work often will be required to have a range of motion as follows:
- Often requires walking or moving to accomplish tasks.
- Often requires working on a concrete floor for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires stooping and reaching.
- Occasionally requires pushing using upper extremities to press against something with steady force.
- Occasionally requires pulling using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting is required on a constant basis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-Time Position days will vary based on assignment, Part-Time may be available for an experience candidate
Expected Hours: Will vary based on assignment
Extensive Travel is required
Required Education and Experience
Twenty-one (21) years or older.
Possess a Commercial Driver’s License (Class A).
Pass a D.O.T. Physical and drug screen exam.
Pass a D.O.T. road test.
Pass a Background screening
Have a proven background in the operation of a Class 8 vehicle.
Ability to work in temperatures ranging from 30-degree F to -20 degree F.
Ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude.
Must be able to adhere to all Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Must be able to adhere to all of safety standards.
Must maintain good attendance.
Ability to work flexible work schedules with varying hours as required.
Preferred Education and Experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why work for Personnel Plus, Inc.
- As the area's largest Staffing Service, we value adding you as a member to our great team
- Your application will be considered for many urgent openings
- Apply Today - Work Today
- Flex pay - choose Direct Deposit, pay card, or paper check
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Referral Hiring Incentives
- We never charge a fee
Trust our employment professional to be your advocate and help find that ideal position for you!