Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, be in a crew or solo in performing a variety of grounds maintenance and gardening duties in the beautification of assigned City grounds and landscaped areas including parks, athletic fields, roadsides, and golf courses; train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
- Be in a crew or solo in performing a variety of grounds maintenance and gardening duties in the beautification of assigned City grounds and landscaped areas; coordinate response to grounds maintenance requests and work orders; inspect completed work for accuracy and compliance with instructions and established standards.
- Oversee and participate in the mowing, edging, trimming, aerating and watering of lawns, fields, fairways, greens and other turf grounds; prepare and fertilize soil; water various grounds areas by hand or by operating the irrigation system.
- Plant, cultivate, prune, spray, fertilize, remove and irrigate flowers, trees, grass, and shrubs; grind and remove tree stumps as necessary; hoe and pull weeds and rake leaves; edge walkways; sweep litter from walks and driveways.
- Perform general grounds cleanup, including picking up paper and trash on grounds areas, parking lots, playgrounds, athletic fields, walkways, fairways, and other assigned areas; empty trash receptacles as assigned.
- Operate a variety of power-driven equipment such as tractors, mowers, lift trucks, edgers, blowers, power pressure sprayers, tillers, chainsaws, grinders, aerators and other equipment used in grounds maintenance work; utilize standard gardening hand tools; drive a City truck to conduct work.
- Participate in the utilization of appropriate pest control methods to eradicate weeds, gophers and other pests according to established procedures; trap and dispose of rodents as necessary.
- Repair and replace irrigation systems and related components; install backflow and mainline systems.
- Maintain grounds maintenance equipment in safe operating condition; perform minor maintenance on equipment such as changing blades.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of swimming pools, park facilities, and playground equipment as assigned.
- Communicate with City personnel and outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues of maintenance, repairs, safety, and other groundskeeping related issues.
- Monitor inventory levels of grounds maintenance supplies and equipment; order, receive and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Grounds maintenance procedures including mowing, edging, raking and weeding.
- Methods, equipment, and materials used in gardening and groundskeeping work.
- Cultivating, fertilizing, watering and spraying of flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Operation and maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in groundskeeping.
- Herbicides and other chemicals used in grounds maintenance.
- Methods and materials used in controlling weeds and other pests.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
Ability to work in crew or solo in performing a variety of grounds maintenance and gardening duties in the beautification of assigned City grounds and landscaped areas including parks, athletic fields, roadsides and golf courses.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Report to work every scheduled workday.
To apply for this job please visit www.personnelinc.com.