Personnel Plus of Twin Falls is looking for motivated individuals for a Press Operator position.
The Operator will setup a press with tooling & material appropriate to the work order, perform production inspections throughout the production process, use precision measuring equipment, quality monitoring, review paperwork for accuracy, and communicate within departments to produce a final product meeting the customer’s specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must know all aspects of material handling
- Operation of at least one type of press
- Must know the progressive work center
- Must know all aspects of all CI work centers
- Consistently improve on productivity
- Meet quality standards
- Must keep excellent records. Inspect paperwork for complete and accurate information
- Keep all equipment in perfect running order and all tools accounted for at all times
- Machine maintenance such as lubricating and monitoring for signs of unusual conditions
- Able and willing to train others
- Setup presses with tooling, material, and equipment for production jobs
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and basic blueprints
- Determine quality from various sources including inspection and customer requirements
- Inspect products using precision measuring tools
- Inspect first article and production parts throughout the production process insuring customer specifications are being met
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide quickly and accurately
- Perform and be responsible for final inspection of parts and raw materials
- Perform special inspection procedures
- Prepare special inspection reports
- Ability to demonstrate their attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Monitor quality of parts being produced
- Must be able to operate forklifts and stationary lifting devices
- Ability and willingness to learn to plan the process of work
- Ability and willingness to learn basic troubleshooting
- Work in a safe and professional manner, keep a clean work area, and wear proper protective equipment.
- Cooperation with supervisor and co-workers, willing to work as a team
- Show by example: temperament, professionalism, and teamwork
- Timely arrival and regular attendance at work
- Willing to work overtime
- Willing to work any shift.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. You may be required to possess or obtain hand tools or measuring equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/LANGUAGE SKILLS
High School diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ability to read, write and speak the English language with comprehension skills sufficient to understand safety standards and job performance expectations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS/REASONING ABILITY
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to feel, handle, or grab; reach, pull, push, and lift with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch and reach. Some sitting is required. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 5 to 65 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to wear steel-toe shoes/boots for 8 hours a day, and double hearing protection while on the press floor.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly subject to hazards, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and noise.
The noise level in the environment is loud.
Monday through Friday 6am- 2pm
Why work for Personnel Plus, Inc.
- As the area's largest Staffing Service, we value adding you as a member of our great team
- Your application will be considered for many urgent openings
- Apply Today - work today
- Flex pay - choose Direct Deposit, pay card, or paper check
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Referral Hiring Incentives
- We never charge a fee
Trust our employment professional to be your advocate and help find that ideal position for you!
To apply for this job please visit vms.personnelinc.com.