Temporary project for State agency 10-12 months
DUTIES (included but not limited to the following);
- Develops research methodology, procedures, and tools for data collection; writes instructions for completing survey forms and documentation to define reporting field; develops sampling and quality control techniques and selects sample; writes and/or designs and modifies computer applications, programs, and/or databases to perform data analysis; analyzes information systems and recommends modifications; edits, modifies and compiles statistical data from the manual count and computer programs; may confer with computer personnel to develop programs.
- Data analysis and report development. Typical responsibilities: analyzes, updates, and reviews data to determine statistical accuracy of data files and reports; identifies erroneous or questionable data and contacts providers to verify and correct; interprets trends and results of studies; develops conclusions, makes recommendations, and drafts report of findings into the appropriate format for various users; consults with users on the current and potential use of data and research system; disseminates research results in written, narrative, graphic, and tabular form and makes oral presentations of findings; performs follow-up studies of problem areas as directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of economics; experience using computer database management and other applications software for statistical analysis.
- Good knowledge of research methods; principles of statistics; sampling theory and probability theory.
- Experience writing analytical (research) reports or materials; compiling and analyzing statistical data and drawing conclusions; using statistical software or spreadsheet software to perform statistical analysis; interpreting and communicating (orally and in writing) statistical material into information usable by a target audience.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit vms.personnelinc.com.