This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in on-the-job training in a wide variety of sandblasting methods, powder coating processes, and other custom metal fabrication tooling.
This position is full-time and will support our experienced powder coating staff by sandblasting various custom metal parts for our client base. This position also assists with post-blast room prep, preparing pieces for the powder booth and oven.
- Removes dirt, paint, grease, and other substances from surfaces of custom parts
- Lifting, carrying and hanging workpieces for blasting and powder coating
- Prepare pieces for sandblasting using masking film, tape, rubber, etc.
- Use proper control, pressure, and direction of blast media to ensure parts are not damaged
- Uses proper PPE for each job to ensure the safety of self and co-workers
- Maintaining blast room equipment such as cleaning and changing nozzles
- Loads blasting media into machines
- Monitors the hopper levels for an adequate supply of blast material
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Assists with post-blast powder coating, painting, etc.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follows proper safety procedures for blast room and related equipment
- Ensures proper use of required Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to lift and move 65+ lbs. at the waist and 50 lbs. at the shoulder
- Physical stamina to run blaster for extended periods
- Attentive to detail and safety conscious
- Ability to interpret oral and written instructions
- Ability to follow direction and work as a team to obtain desired goals and meet company standards
12 am (midnight) -8 am Sunday- Friday. * Off work for the weekend on Friday at 8 am.
We are looking for an employee that desires to work the graveyard shift indefinitely. There will not be an opportunity to move to a day shift. We are looking to build a long-term, talented graveyard team.
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire position for a custom metal and fabrication shop in Boise, Idaho located near Cole Road/I-84.
$16.00 per hour to start! APPLY TODAY!