Personnel Plus is looking to hire Graveyard Sanitation Specialist’s to work in a production operations environment.
M-F Shifts are: 10 PM to 7:00AM These shifts are 40+/hrs per week.
The Sanitation Specialist cleans and sanitizes production equipment and area. Cleans and sanitizes building/facility. Completes all tasks in a safe manner as prescribed by OSHA, instruction, company policy, SSOP, and common sense.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(70%) Clean and sanitize production equipment
- Clean facilities and equipment, in proper sequence, and in a timely manner enabling pre-op inspection and set-up to begin on time for a successful start-up
- Bag vital electrical parts of equipment prior to using water/chemistry
- Clean and sanitize mixers, belts, freezers, fryers, blancher, and miscellaneous containers and equipment
- Clean machines as specified by company guidelines
- Applies chemicals for cleaning, degreasing and sanitizing using foamers, sprayers, and hoses.
- Ability to learn to properly use sanitation equipment (floor scrubber, floor buffer, chemical foamer, etc.)
- Ability to mix, test, and apply company guideline-required chemicals to surfaces in assigned areas
(30%) Performs general cleaning tasks in production area
- Ensure production floors, walls, and drains are cleaned and sanitized
- Squeegee floors
- Empty all waste containers
- Using aerial lift equipment to clean ceilings, air units, light fixtures, etc.
- Complete pre-inspections prior to QA (Quality) doing pre-operation inspections to minimize deficiencies found.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group
- Identify safety concerns and be accountable for your own throughout your shift
- Operate chemical equipment in a safe manner
- Complete annual training as well as chemical training outside of schedule sanitation process
- Ability to compensate for lack of scheduled team members and able to work till job is finished
- Communicate with peers and leaders in an effective, timely manner.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/supervisor/manager
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly
- Handles equipment and chemicals according to government, SDS and company safety standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prolonged standing and frequent walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to balance on ladders and on top of platforms and equipment
- Ability to work in production environment with constant exposure to loud machinery and vibration exposure with use of power tools
- Ability to read chemical labels, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to learn how to properly handle chemicals they will be using
- Must be able to wear all required PPE throughout shift as needed
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
Reports to: Sanitation Management Team