This position supports the day-to-day operations of a state motorcycle safety education program. Under minimal direct supervision, the Student Services Specialist performs a variety of office support functions using independent judgment in applying existing policies and procedures to complete assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working independently to organize and prioritize multiple tasks; performs the following duties in a timely and efficient manner:
- Primary phones & front desk
- Process course paperwork
- Incoming and outgoing mail
- Course statistics/data entry
- Follow-up critiques
- Registrations & welcome letters
- Special class registration
- Retest Scheduling/Confirmation calls
- Completion cards
- Enter retests/process completion cards
- Miscellaneous Duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A high school education or equivalency
- Some secretarial knowledge and/or training
- Organization skills to work within prioritized needs
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public relations skills to meet people courteously and to work with all ages and socioeconomic groups
- A strong service orientation or desire to meet people’s needs, handle challenging situations and provide customer service and promote teamwork
- Good judgment and professionalism in dealing with pressures and meeting deadlines
- Ability to listen, take directions, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to attend to detail and follow directions with thoroughness and accuracy
- Self motivation to take assignments and carry them through from initial stages to completion
- Demonstrated ability in business communications, including proper business English usage, composition, punctuation, and spelling
- Proficiency in appropriate computer software including Microsoft Office, email, telephone skills, and other related office systems
- Flexibility and a willingness to attend and receive additional training to improve skills
This position is seasonal, temporary, with a duration of about 10 months; working 25-40 hours per week during the hours of 8 am- 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
Full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity available for qualified candidates interested in a long-term position.
Please submit an updated resume for immediate consideration.