The collections unit is involved in employer account maintenance and other integrity activities. The TRS2’s will use a variety of resources to identify potential employer or claimant liability. Strong data entry skills and a high level of accuracy are required.
Example of Duties:
- Advise debtors of payment options, legal obligation to pay, and execute payment agreements;
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers, which requires good public relation skills;
- Locate responsible parties using skip-tracing methods;
- Maintain collection caseload to ensure compliance with payment agreement;
- Utilize considerable independence and exercise discretion in applying tax and benefit collection laws, regulation, policies, procedures;
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills with authority to act on decisions made;
- Analyze delinquent account records to determine appropriate and cost-effective collection program;
- Provide guidance and assistance regarding program rules and regulations
- Monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors;
- Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues;
- Ability to work with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations;
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system;
- Composing and proofreading business correspondence
- Clean background
- Ability to commit to the assignment for a minimum of 6+ months
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and other applications to research and manage workload
- Type at least 50 WPM with high accuracy
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, 40 hours per week.
This is an excellent opportunity with a state agency in Boise, ID. Apply today!