Job Title: Apprentice Welder
Welders are in high demand!
PAID ON THE JOB TRAINING- EARN AN IMMEDIATE FULL-TIME WELDING POSITION
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assists Journeyman who laying out, positioning, and securing parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydro static, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Be drug free and physically fit.
- Able to accurately measure and read a tape
- Able to work well independently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Solid hand/eye coordination.