Qualified employees are eligible for company insurance benefits. Our Staff will provide more detail for what you, our valued employees, qualify for.
- Q: How do I enroll?
- A: Enrolling in the MEC Wellness/Preventive Plan is easy. You can enroll by completing an Essential Staff CARE MEC Wellness/Preventive Plan application and returning it to your manager.
- Q: When can I enroll in the plan?
- A: You are eligible to enroll in the MEC Wellness/Preventive Plan program within 30 days of your hire date or during your employer’s annual 30 days open enrollment period. If you do not enroll during one of these periods, you will have to wait until the next annual open enrollment, unless you have a qualifying life event. You have 30 days from the date of the qualifying life event to enroll.
- Q: What is a qualifying life event?
- A: A qualifying life event is defined as a change in your status due to one of the following:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a child(ren)
- Death of an immediate family member
- Medicare entitlement
- Employer bankruptcy
- Loss of dependent status
- Loss of prior coverage
- Q: Are dependents covered?
- A: Yes. Eligible dependents include your spouse and your children up to age 26.
- Q: When does coverage begin?
- A: Coverage begins the 1st of the month following receipt of your first monthly payment.
- Q: Can I make changes or cancel coverage?
- A: You will only have 30 days from your hire date to enroll, add additional benefits, or add additional insured members. After this time frame, you will only be allowed to enroll, add benefits or add additional insured members during your annual open enrollment period or within 30 days of a qualifying life event.
- Q: How can I make changes or enroll if I initially decline?
- A: To make changes or enroll if you initially declined, contact your employer and request a change form. Changes are effective on the 1st of the month following the date of the change request. You can cancel or reduce coverage at any time. Please remember that you may only enroll or increase your coverage level during an open enrollment period or within 30 days of a qualifying life event. Q: Is there a pre-existing clause for the medical benefit?
- A: There are no restrictions for pre-existing conditions in this plan. Even if you were previously diagnosed with a condition, you can receive coverage for related services as soon as your coverage goes into effect.
Information on Fixed Indemnity and Add-on plansRead More on Fixed IndemnityRead More on Add-on Plans
Information on MEC (Minimal Essential Care ) PlansInformation on MEC PlansLea más sobre los planes MEC