The laborer sorts, grades, processes, and prepares scrap metal for sale and shipment.
• Receives materials and may assist customers with the unloading of material in a safe and timely manner.
• Sorts and grades materials to proper specifications in an efficient and safe manner.
• Utilizes equipment and tools (such as torch, forklift, pallet mover, etc.) to process and/or size material to consistently provide a quality product per company and mill specifications.
• When required, properly and safely loads trucks or containers for transport.
• Produces accurate, timely, and legible paperwork.
• Daily demonstrates commitment to be present and work all hours assigned as needed to complete work orders.
• Willingly performs and completes any work assigned in an efficient, safe and productive manner.
• Cooperates with employees, customers, suppliers and others with honesty, integrity and respectful manner.
• Willingly complies with all regulatory requirements, including federal, state, local, company and customer statutes or rules.
• Effectively communicates with management and co-workers.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Manages time efficiently.
• Accepts responsibility for own decisions and actions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The ability to:
Frequently lift up to 60 pounds, and on occasion up to 100 pounds.
Withstand heat and cold as weather dictates.
Stand and walk for long periods of time.
Bend, kneel, push, pull, and reach repeatedly.
Perform overhead lifting.
See with good or corrected vision.
Employees must participate in and pass all screening procedures including integrity testing, background investigation, and drug screening.
To apply for this job please visit www.personnelinc.com.