Managing Workplace Stress
Managing Workplace Stress is claiming more and more victims in today’s busy world. There are ringing phones, unanswered emails, unmet deadlines, people yelling, and this is just in the workplace. Going home only brings on a whole new set of stress triggers and challenges. So how does one deal with stress in the workplace?
Here are a few options that can be most helpful.
- Listen to music, nature sounds, or ocean sounds: It has a calming effect on the mind and body, as well as aiding in lowering blood pressure.
- Talk to a Friend: a reassuring voice, if only for a few minutes can put things into perspective therefore bringing a calming effect.
- Eat Right: Fruits and vegetables are an optimal choice and plenty of water. Fish contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids which have been shown to reduce the symptoms of stress.
- Exercise: We all know that exercise can aid in losing weight but it also releases endorphin’s that make a body “feel good” giving many a mood boost. As well as helps give you a chance to stretch out and also helps keep you motivated.
- Take a Deep Breath: Take the time to sit up straight and breathe in deeply while concentrating on each breath. This has proven to have a calming effect and many people do not realize that they are “shallow breathing” or not at all.
- Have a Good Laugh: We have all heard the saying “laughter is the best medicine” unaware of how true this statement is. Laughter has been proven to not only relieve stress but increase pain tolerance, while boosting the immune system.
Personnel Plus provides excellent training for its employees so that we can provide your business with productive, happy workers.